Bring back 2 Wheels Magazine!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesXRV

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XRV 750 Africa Twin
Picked up a September copy of Superbike Magazine, and paged through the "In Dual Minds" article...

A few things stood out, and I quote:

"...where thirty years ago you only had the choice of a Yamaha XT 500 thumper or a BMW 800 GS parallel twin..."  Am I missing something here?

"...and most of the bikes here have a tendancy towards slight gravel at most."  ???

BMW R 1200 GS:

"...the centre of gravity is really low making it easy to manoeuvre so it won't leave you looking like a fool when you try to park it at your local News Cafe."

"...the GS just doesn't suit my childish ego but would make a great birthday gift for my dad."

KTM 990 Adventurer:

"In the past there have been many comparisons made between the big KTM and the BMW GS, but truthfully, these bikes are so far apart that you could easily have both in your garage and use them at different times of the week. Both have exceptionally good points and they both can do what the other does, the one is just a bit better at one discipline than the other and vice versa."  Not from what I've seen...pretty equal to me.

XT 1200 Z Tenere:

"...the Yamaha was, by far, the least powerfull and heaviest of the lot."

"...the only other thing that bugged me was that if you need to change the screen height, you need a Phillips screw driver and have to stop on the side of the road , unscrew the screen, lift or drop it and screw it back in."  How many times do you honestly need to do this? I mean, you find what works for you and ride...

Probably the worst and least informative article I've ever read...

Really miss 2 Wheels Mag now...