F800gs modification

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GS
Hi All

A few questions.

1) Well they just released the new F800gs adventure. It has a much better screen. Anyone out there tried to fit it to the older F800? Bmw Northside are busy looking at it but if someone has done this already then maybe you could give me advise. Up until now I think the screens available for the F8 are either useless, ugly or far too damn expensive.

2) Has anyone tried to lower there f8 using the Hyperpro springs. I got the 50mm drop. The springs are great and handling, especially in the dirt, has seemed to improved greatly. The problem is whenever I hit a sharp bump or even sometimes riding off a pavement I get a hard knock from the shock from what I believe is bottoming out on the front end. Read about Hyperpro all over the net and no one seems to have this problem. Could it be that possibly oil levels or something else, like a seal or something? I am fairly ignorant to the inside of the forks so please excuse any stupid comments from me.

3) I see tracks4africa have now included their maps for the iOS smart phones and tablets. Has anyone used it yet? whats it like. Do you think one could use this to replace a normal GPS unit?