Great Service at BikeZone Vereeniging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trykon

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Suzuki DL 1000 V-Strom
I'm not sure if this thread should be in this section (moderators please move if deemed neccesary)

I want to share my very positive experience at BikeZone Vereeninging.

A friend and I had new tyres fitted with Jacques from BikeZone in Vereeniging on Friday.  Me, being my usual utterly practical pain-in-the-ass, wanted 90degree tyre valves fitted. (No petrol station's compressed air "dispenser" ever fit, just not enough room between the valve and the rest of the bike).  Anyway, they balanced and fitted both tyres on both bikes in close on two hours, and after some casual banter, we were on our way home.

Saturday afternoon, quite eager for a quick ride, I discovered my back tyre completely flat.  Big dissapointment, especially thinking that I must have picked up a nail or something on my way back home the previous day... on the tyres' maiden voyage!  Upon re-inflating the tyre, I noticed right away that the valve did not  seem to be of the best of quality.  I re-inflated the tyre, just to have the air pissing out the valve as soon as I removed the "inflater"? (geez, english is my 21st language, so I have no idea what the hell you call that thing??).  The valve obviously had a small unnoticeable leak after installation, small enough to get me home, but a day later the tyre was flat.

I now sat with a totally immobile motorbike, with no trailer.  Upon calling Johnny at BikeZone 1st thing Monday morning, they quickly, without any qualms whatsoever, committed to picking up my bike whenever was best for me.  We arranged for Tuesday evening, and Jacques and his son were there around 17:00 with a proper, safe (important if you only have one bike like I do) trailer to pick up my bike. 

I got a call early Wednesday morning, with Chantel informing me they sourced much better quality 90degree valves (quite a bit pricier), which they could fit instead.  Being the all-practical ass-pain, despite the price, I agreed (rather one time expense than permanent frustration with having to carry a little 90degree little tube thingy permanently in my topbox, or under my seat if no topbox).  They got the part from Jo'burg, and I got a call around 15:00 saying my bike was ready.

As agreed, Jacques and his son pitched up at my house again around 17:00, with my bike ready to ride, complete with very much sturdier-looking valves.

I would not be surprized if the guys at BikeZone discontinue selling the cheapish valves, such does their dedication to improvement seem.  No biker would like to have iffy equipment on his ride, especially if it may render the only contact with mother earth useless halfway through a sweeping twisty.

The service and dedication from the BikeZone Vereeniging's guys are commendable.  I can certainly reccommend them to anyone.  Even with a relatively new workshop, they are already giving excellent service.  It's their attitude mostly that will keep me going back to them.  You can certainly give BikeZone Vereeniging a try.  Thanks Jacques and your team for the great experience!

Disclaimer: No animals were hurt during the typing of this post, and no, it was not paid for by the vendor which is the subject thereof.