Highside.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grootseun

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW F800GSA
Nothing like a highside to bring you back to earth (pun intended). I our office parkinglot to turn right onto Saint Andrews road. The traffic is backed up in the lefthand lane. A nice lady gives me a gap, I proceed to the middle of the lane, checking traffic in the right hand lane for a gap. The gap opens, I pull offâ?¦oops too much throttle rear spins outâ?¦..i let go of throttleâ?¦suddenly I am supermanâ?¦.land a couple of metres in front of the bike on my feet, but too much momentum means I tumble to my knees and tuck and roll. Stand upâ?¦ go back to bike, I hit the kill switch as the bike is still in first, pick up the bike. Move to the side of the road and assess the damage. 1 broken clutch lever, luckily not the whole thingâ?¦itâ??s a 3 finger lever now. And one broken Mirror screw (yes the R170 one)

Some scrapes to the rear plastics and aly heatshield.

I have a slightly stiff wrist (related to the accident) and my knee is a little bruised. Was wearing full kit, no damage to kit other than small scrapes on my boots. All The Gear All The Time.

What I have learned. Windgat means youre gonna go downâ?¦. Itâ??s a matter of time. Wear the gear, itâ??s there to wear.. it serves no purpose in the cupboard. Take it easy. I have realized one gets too â??makâ? very easilyâ?¦that little devil jumping up and down on your right wrist when you turn the twist grip should be ignoredâ?¦.

I am suddenly taking it a lot easier on the bikeâ?¦