I went down - please help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisv

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS
but I got up and luckily Im ok ... could have been much worse  :-\

So what happened  ???

Actually Im not sure as I did not even see it coming...

I was traveling up Jim Fouche rd past Builders WH in Constantiakloof around 17h30 last Monday.  A lady in a Yaris pulled straight in front of me.

I swerved out left to avoid her (which I did) and hit an old beatle that moved in front of me and stopped dead.  I can't remember seeing any brake lights or indicators on the beatle. 

It happened so fast - I only remember a massive bang and getting tossed through the air and landing about 5 metres away from my bike - luckily for me in the same lane I was riding in  :eek:

I got up immediately to check if the bike was ok  ??? 

What I need to know is what do I do with my damaged pride and joy ?

Must I take the bike to a BMW Dealer so they can give me a quote or will the insurance assessor come to my home to check the bike ?

The bike is insured as part of my comprehensive household insurance with Santam.

Please help ...

One last thing - guys and girls becarefull out there - especially if you are commuting on a daily basis.  An accident can happen so quickly  :(  and cage drivers don't look out for bikes and they don't anticipate how quickly we move.

Take it easy  :thumleft:

Thx
Chris