Importing advice please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J3THRO

Race Dog
WD Supporter
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1290 Adventure R
I ordered some parts for my bike from Ktmtwins in the states and it was shipped with USPS. When I track the shipment it shows that my parcel was at customs clearance on 27 March in SA (Jhb) and then it shows "processed through sort facility" also on 27 March.

How do I track it down now? Do you have to contact customs in SA or do you have to try and track it through our own postal system? I dont know if the stuff gets sent with courier once it clears customs, in which case I am sure it would have been at my place yet or or if it gets send via our SA postal service once it cleared customs.

When I did a simular import from the UK last year, DHL called me and informed me how much to pay before the package can be delivered to my place. I have had no contact from anybody yet about my parcel.

Has anybody had a simular issue before or can anybody give me some advice on how to track the parcel down now that it cleared customs please?

Thanks