Is this service, or what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankS

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R1200GS Adventure
Have been bugging the old man to get his R1150GS out of moth balls and come along for a ride.  He eventually admits to me that the bike doesn't go well and he no longer enjoys riding it.  He is wanting to sell, has advertised it for sale but it has a wee problem with the rear brakes.  Everyone looking at it insists that the brakes need to be repaired before they will consider buying.

So I haul it off to Jughead to see to the brakes.

Next morning I get the call that the bike is ready to be collected.

"And cost?"  I ask.

Well, he sorted the brakes and took it for a spin just to check.  However, he says, the bike does not run well.  He says he has a very good gardener who can push a wheelbarrow faster.  :biggrin:

So he dismantled the throttle bodies, cleaned them, re-assembled them and "reset" them.  (I think he said he balanced them or something)  Now I'm starting to think $$$$

Then he reset the valve clearances and some "end float" or other.  Now I'm thinking $$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Oh yes, he says, while he had the tank off to bleed the ABS pump, he repaired the wiring harness that was chafed under the pump.

Now my mind is going $$$$ :eek:$$ :eek:$$ :eek:$$ :eek:$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

"And cost?"  I repeat.

Nah, R32.86 for brake fluid and R280 for an hour's labour!

Total: R312.86

@#$%^&!!  Is that all?

So I collect the bike.    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Gees, don't know what he did with it but is sounds totally different and pulls better than the old toppie's old V8 Fairmont GT used to.

Upshot is, he now can't get off it and wants to ride all over!!

Jughead - YOU DA MAN!!!  :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft: