My Kove 450 Rally February 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@FredK ,

putting you openly on a very public spot now....... wanneer gaan ons ry hmm?
:unsure:

For those less informed, he currently alleges to be moving house from Gauteng to the Cape, but as he's married this is 3 days only: packing, following the van and unpacking...... :devilish:

Dis n telefoonnommer van n swakke wat ek gougou erens moes afskryf.
Dis die oillevel-distance vanaf die fillerplug.
So jy breek n takkie af in die kamper terrein soggens druk hom in die enjin en match hom buite op die merk? 😜

Sid behoort baie goeie peripheral vision te hê, baie belangrik vir bike ry!! 😜 :p

This is a very nice summary of a Canadian on his new bike, and I agree with his findings.
Know that with adjustment of the clickers one can 'ease off' the firm suspension quite a bit - which he hasn't done yet.

All I wanted more of this bike is a neat way to bolt on some buckles for the Giant Loop's straps.
I have these on my 300 & 500 both, and slinging one of my GL's on is a doddle first of all, but also a 'strap & forget' solution - they simply do not come off, never need readjusting and simply work (y)

I had these buckles already, nice stainless steel jobbies, and I also knew where they needed to come - smack bang on the lower tank/subframe bolts, position-wise perfect for the correct angle to tie the GL's straps to.
But these bolts must be able to come off as per normal of course, so I decided to tap a M6 thread in them.

They already have a dia5.1mm pilot hole around 22.5mm deep so only tapping required - and a Vesconite bush 10mm thick brings the buckles outward just enough that they are positioned flush with the surface of the tank 👌

I also installed an Acerbis silicone exhaust protector for when (not if) I will spill it, which will double as a heatshield also if the GiantLoop will lean on it.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

All ready now for April's trip to the Drakensberg, Lesotho & the Transkei (y)

Last edited: