Nailed by Kempton Park's Finest (not!!!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrailBlazer

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XL650V Transalp
On the way home yesterday one of Kempton Park's cops greeted me and then issued an invitation to pull to the side of the road for a quick chat. I considered gapping it round the car in front of me, but I was blocked by a vehicle coming up rather fast next to me, and I was cut off, with no alternative but to stop and pass the time of day.

Standard questions like "Can I see your licence" and "Where is the bike licence?"

Pulled out my card and gave it to her, and she seemed happy with that, but then she raised her eyebrows rather high and said that she couldn't find a current disc on the bike.

I helped her with the looking part, and discovered that the damned thing had expired at the end of April. I hadn't received a renewal notice, and forgot about the licence.

Copper wanted to know what she must do... I think she might have been looking for a bit of "pay-off", but I told her to go ahead and write me up, and I'll follow up from there.

A piece of paper that says I owe the esteemed Ekurhuleni Metro Monkeypality R200 later and I was on my way again.

DAMN!!!  This year is going to be an expensive licence