Noobeee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MudCakedFace

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
BMW G650 X-challenge
Hi All!

If ever there was a nood, this is it:
- Iâ??ve only ever ridden on the back of a bike;
- The 1st time I got on one in a showroom I climbed on from the wrong side (rather embarrassing, that one)
- I managed to get a KTM 640Adv vibrate into a Harley in a showroom when I opened the throttle to listen to the Acra pipe (surely I score some WD points there?)

I used to get my annual adventure fix by doing self-sustained bicycle tours (Jhb-Cpt, Karoo-Hel, Italy), but after coming back from my last one (a trip through Baviaans in April) and having read MetalJockeyâ??s Nam & Angola reports on Advrider.com (Respect, MJ) I convinced myself this self-powered thing is overrated. My heart is set on getting a KTM 640Adv (or 800GS if the queue and minister of finance allow), which will hopefully happen in December. In the meantime, I prolly need to get myself skilled in the art of rear wheel slides and keeping the rubber side down...

Anycase, awesome site & looking forward to meeting some of the dogs as my skills, resources and on-the-bike-confidence allows!