Oil usage on my 990 s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

africana

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 990 Adventure
My 2008 Adventure is using oil and nothing to worry at this stage -yet- but trying to do some pro-active work. She has just over              97 000km on the clock and I find when I do a long trip - last week did a trip to Vivo and back seeing clients and was just under 1000km - she uses about 350ml oil (that the amount reading off the oil container). Last obviously at a guesstimate but that is what I fill up. Oil light then also flickering but once filled all good to go.
No leaks, no smoke at all, not even when starting in the mornings but she never used any oil at all since I bought her with 23 000km on the clock. My KTM guru suggests I must replace the counter balancer shaft seal. Old age deteriorations and all that. Have no idea what he is talking about and the techie who works on my bike says he will do it quickly not a big thing.
Am I on the right track? Any other such seals and O-rings, etc. to be replaced as a result of age deteriorations? All the rubber fuel lines have been replaced about two months ago exactly for that reason. All constructive suggestions welcome.