REAL BIKERS ......................

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H00dlum

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
AJS (all models)
This topic is a strange one.. I have done the SA biker scene 10 years ago and those of you who lived in Cape Town and were into the bike scene will remember the Mad House or ZZ's or even the infamous Killarney Hotel that I believe is still going strong. I did all the runs and all the bike jols I could. Buff - Swallows - Cobra - and quiet a few local club rally's like the Brothers of the Wind MC Booze Cruse and not to mention all the Toy Runs....They were really good times. I had the leather jacket and even had a waist coat with all the badges from all the runs I had done. I was a real biker back then, I used my bike every day and wanted to join a club but at the time work would not allow.  :-\

Problem is that although I was a biker / am a biker, I believe that the real bikers of this world ( all over the world ) are Adventure or DS riders. The more I read about the places you guys and gals have been JUST IN SA  to the more I realised who the "real bikers" are. I really did enjoy my bike and I enjoyed the time I spent with all my friends and the biker community at the time. But the adventure / DS riders of this world have a few things that top all other bikers, especially the club type bikers ( No disrespect to any club members ). You ride because you love to ride and you ride when ever and where ever the road takes you and beyond if you can  ;),  the most I used to do was a 150 km/m breakfast run with one of the clubs, always main roads and freeways and always at speed.. The fun part was the breakfast and the meet it's self..

To all those people who are out and about doing the whole Adventure / DS riding thing to the full

Huuuuge respect to you all...

Keep the rubber on the road

Daz