Recourse against seller who refuses to send papers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxThePanda

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Vespa (all models)
Six months ago I bought an enduro bike from a distant friend of a friend of a friend. She had to settle finance and promised to send the papers. To cut a very long story short, she has failed to do so. Endless excuses about settling the finance and then having a small interest payment outstanding etc. to the point where apparently now ABSA have released the papers but insist on her collecting them in person and she says she has been too busy to do so.

Unfortunately I'm in Cape Town and the seller is in Joburg, so my hands are tied. What recourse do I have? Can I lay a charge of something against her? I can get a lawyer involved, but that is a long, expensive and often fruitless process. She is a lawyer by training, I believe, so will probably know where she stands, so I'd rather bring some kind of real threat, and carry it out if necessary. This whole matter has left my livid - it's such a pointless waste of time.

Can anyone advise? What are my options?