Scraping knees , elbows , shoulders and sometime heads

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NEON DEON

Race Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 1190 Adventure
I have a question for the racers out there , but let me say this first , I have been riding for more than 40 years , so think I can pedal a bike sort of  :imaposer:. was pretty quick around the mountains of the far east (ET)  :ricky:
BACK TO MY QUESTION
In MotoGP and SBK to an extent the riders are sticking out a leg (dangling) when coming into turn to help slow down (airbrake) i think , settle the bike , not sure and cant get a proper answer for the why they doing it , but they also are leaning sooooooo far off the bikes that they require slider not only in the knees , but elbows and shoulders as well ! Now if you are familiar to riding superbikes fast , knees out help to turn the bike , slider is there to let you know how far you are cranked over , and all that , changing direction to the next corner has one climbing back over the bike and sticking out the other knee . lots of effort and hard work , effort and work creates het , so you sweat  :eek7:
So why do these warriors lean so far over that they need to scrape knees elbows and shoulders , Are the bikes that difficult to turn that it requires the weight shift? Or is it just a cool new style that you have to be able to do, in order to be in count ?
what your view?