Standing vs Sitting.........??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Brown

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
Kawasaki KLR 650
:peepwall: OK, for me the jury is still out on this one.

After doing the beginners course at Country Trax, which was a hell of a lot of fun, I cannot decide if it is better to sit or stand when riding rough dirt. Standing makes a lot of sense, but I definitely don't feel that I'm in control of the bike. In very rough conditions or slow speed maneuvering I feel that standing does improve the handling and control of the bike, however, I ride a DS bike not an MX bike and, realistically, how often are we going to ride in such hectic off road conditions on a DS bike? I recently did the Canola Run, which was a bit more than just your normal dirt roads, quite a lot of slippery mud, wet gravel and steepish ascents and descents..I did the entire trip sitting flat on my butt because every time I tried to stand I felt that I had less control of the bike :patch:, my seat is very comfortable :imaposer: and all the guys that I saw fall, were standing ??? ??? :eek: :eek: ???!!

I must be doing something wrong..........could anybody point me in the right direction? I'm not trying to be a smart arse here, I genuinely want to know what I'm doing wrong and why I don't feel I'm in control of the bike when I'm standing.  Do I need to adjust the handle bars or something else?

Latest posts