• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wild Dog Adventure Riding and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

T4A Tracks4Africa discounting maps - very cheap now

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R Rally
I received an email from T4A (see below).  They are offering 50% discount on their maps.  If you have always wanted to try Tracks 4 Africa maps, now is the time to get the latest maps for very little money.  I decided to get the 5 year subscription, it is very little money for what you get and hopefully helps them to survive this business interruption.  Hope this  info is of some use to others.

Quote:
Dear Africa traveller
This message is for all hodophiles (lovers of roads). While hodophobes* may be quite content with our current constraints, I am anxiously aware of all travel restrictions while we deal with Covid-19. What to do in the downtime? Plan a road trip!

If you love the road and can't wait to get back out there, then I have good news for you. You can now buy our downloadable, Garmin compatible maps at lockdown prices. This is not a Black Friday deal to boost our numbers, this is our way of keeping all staff on board and paying salaries for the unforeseeable future.

Since we cannot ship any physical products and all our retail outlets are closed for sales, we expect quite a big delay before our cashflow will return to normal. I have made sure that we have spare cash for a rainy day, but I am afraid this is no ordinary rainy day and it might become a rainy quarter.

So I am slashing the prices of products which we can sell right now in order to give you a great deal. These are the maps you need for planning that longed-for African road trip. And in buying these maps now, you will be helping us tremendously during a very uncertain time.

Your lockdown deal

Our downloadable maps, which cover the entire African continent, usually cost R900 for a one-year subscription. You can get the year's subscription for R300 (https://tracks4africa.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6cfe85e264a74e015ccfcf8c6&id=eb8301c830&e=869a5883ec) during the lockdown. If you have bought this product before, you will receive a further 50% discount, which means you can now get the GPS Africa maps for R150.

I have also introduced a five-year subscription option for the above maps, which would normally retail for R1,750. During lockdown we are discounting the five-year subscription to R875. (https://shop.tracks4africa.co.za/product/t4a-garmin-gps-maps-complete-set-map-download-v20-03-5-year-subscription-special/?utm_source=Tracks4Africa+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=822ce587db-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_01_19_11_00_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_56ad68cf90-822ce587db-146743813&mc_cid=822ce587db&mc_eid=869a5883ec) If you want to get access to our latest maps for five years uninterrupted, then this is the most affordable way ever.

What do we mean by subscription? (https://shop.tracks4africa.co.za/gps-maps-subscription-policy/?utm_source=Tracks4Africa+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=822ce587db-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_01_19_11_00_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_56ad68cf90-822ce587db-146743813&mc_cid=822ce587db&mc_eid=869a5883ec) Our Garmin compatible maps never expire, so you can use them for as long as you have them, but the subscription entitles you to map updates during the time of your subscription. For downloadable maps we release four updates per year. You can download these from your user profile on our website and our staff is on standby to assist you if you need any help in doing so.

Plan now, travel later

I have decided to open up the sales of our physical products as well. We cannot ship hard copies right now but for that reason I have made them available to you at a huge discount. These prices are only available on our online shop and will only be available during the lockdown period. Please note that shipping will take place only once the South African lockdown has been lifted.

I thank you for your continued support and I trust that you and your family will remain safe during this extraordinary time.

Johann Groenewald
Tracks4Africa

*Hodophile: lover of roads or one who loves to travel. Hodophobia is an irrational fear, or phobia, of travel.

Unquote