The strangest thing!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 890 Adventure R
From Philadelphia I took the old Malmesbury road past Zone 7 back to Melkbos. After coming to a halt at the stop street, I could not turn the handlebars - it was stuck in the straight forward position!

I thought it was a flat tyre, but on closer inspection I discovered some damage on the front mudguard  - the tip of the upper piece of the mudguard has scuffing damage on the lhs - inside, with some plastic melted outwards due to the the tyre rubbing against it. What most probably happened is that the bottom end of the mudguard got hooked on the top lip of the sump guard. That road is one of the bumpiest tar roads about. I gunned it and had to brake hard - track style for corners. Through severe front suspension dive combined with mudguard flex (due to the bumpy road) (and shock flex - who would know?), the mudguard hooked on the sump guard.
I got off the bike to look what happened and the relaxation of the front suspension most probably undid the jinx.
Crazy!

Attachments

• IMG_0183.JPG
    IMG_0183.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 419
  • IMG_0185.JPG
    IMG_0185.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_0186.JPG
    IMG_0186.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_0187.JPG