Up the west coast of Africa...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

archarch

Puppy
Reaction score
Bike
Honda XR600
Hi everyone,

I have been living in Cape Town for the past 7 years after arriving on my motorcycle (trusty old DR350) from Scotland back in 2013. It's been an incredible chapter filled with many moto adventures but sadly my time has come that I must return!

My dream has always been to complete the loop back up the west coast back to Scotland but unfortunately, covid has scuppered those plans a little. Instead, I am hoping to go as far as I can in that direction! It seems Angola has no plans to open their land borders (unless anyone on here has any inside info?) but it does seem that it's possible to cross the DRC and up into the Congo at the moment. So it might be possible to at least get to the equator...which is good enough for me right now! DRC, Congo, and Gabon seem to be open from people I have spoken to. Cameroon I am not sure yet. It's very much going to be a take each day as it comes kinda trip.

Now the big question is, is anyone free for November and December to join me? I realise this is very last minute but I thought I would try my luck here to see if anyone happens to be free and interested!  Or at least keen to join maybe for the section through Kaokoland up to Marienfluss.

Send me a DM if this might be you...it would be great to chat!

Cheers,

Archie