why rallye raid ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ambro

Pack Dog
Reaction score
Bike
KTM 950 Adventure S
ok i have no doubt this will cause quite a stir but i need to ask the question . you get 5 day pass from work and home and you chose to go to a rallye with 200 other guys and get jaaged around for 4 days being told what to do and ride in a dust storm undoubtably behind an esteemed leader and his pack . please can someone explain to me the spirit of adventure in this /
I have no doubt that its all in the spirit of comraderie and maybe you learn a few things and there will be some new friends to be made but if others are in my position where riding time is limited to maybe 2/3 big trips a year , would they not be better spent  riding with just 5 to 8 like minded riders in unchartered territory through mozam bique or the likes of Botswana ( i live in gauteng ). Now please dont get me wrong , i am not undermining the efforts of this event i am purely asking if this is the option instead of a trip elsewhere when 5 days away from home is a rather precious commodity
What is the attraction and does it weigh up against my other option