Big Bertha

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bike
BMW R80GS
So I bought Big Bertha from 73 peanut. I must say that I was skeptical, specially about the code 3 issue. My son went to have a look and I went and bought her, and drove her straight to P town. Man it was a long time since I had this kind of smile. different bike from my 1150 GS, more agro on response, and a lot different than my 1200 GSA. So much that we went for a ride on sunday, and I only wanted to ride her, but my sons wouldn't let me...

She was well used, but fortunately, the accident look a long time ago. She's still looks stockstandard. couple of issues :
Stand was butchered, can someone supply photo and measures of real McCoy?
tappetcovers are ugly, I'll need to redo them,( looks like it's been done a couple of times) need some advice if possible.
is there alternative to plastic protectors?
The crashbars were changed, can somenone tell me, that silver coating, is it paint or chrome? Should I only paint them? scared powdercoating wont look that nice?
Tank was repaired, and underneath on one side putty seems to be lifting, so I need to have it redone, hence req about stickers. Who does wonders on tanks?
fuelguage doesn't work, peanut said that happened after changing the filter? What should I look for?

Lastly, It was a WD bike before peanut had it. Edgar I saw you posted pics, was she yours?

Attachments

• IMG_3252.JPG
    IMG_3252.JPG
    329.7 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_3255.JPG
    IMG_3255.JPG
    352.3 KB · Views: 394